WHO Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) State of affairs Report 24
- No new nations reported instances of COVID-19 prior to now 24 hours.
- WHO has developed a database to gather the most recent scientific findings and data on Coronavirus illness. For extra data, please see right here.
- The 2-day international analysis and innovation discussion board concerning COVID-19 was convened consistent with the WHO R&D Blueprint this week. Main well being consultants from around the globe met at WHO to evaluate the present degree of data concerning the new COVID-19 illness, establish gaps and work collectively to speed up and fund precedence analysis wanted to assist cease this outbreak and put together for any future outbreaks. For extra particulars, please see right here.
- In a single day 14,840 instances, together with 13,332 clinically recognized instances have been reported from Hubei. That is the primary time China has reported clinically recognized instances along with laboratory-confirmed instances. For consistency, we report right here solely the variety of laboratory-confirmed instances. WHO has formally requested further data on the clinically recognized instances, specifically when these have occurred in the midst of the outbreak and whether or not suspect instances have been reclassified as clinically recognized instances.
China: Very Excessive
Regional Stage: Excessive
World Stage: Excessive
Coronavirus State of affairs in Numbers
- 46997 confirmed (1826 new)
- 46550 confirmed (1820 new)
- 8204 extreme (871 new)
- 1368 deaths (254 new)
Exterior of China
- 447 confirmed (6 new)
- 24 nations (zero new)
- 1 demise (zero new)
TECHNICAL FOCUS: Investigation of COVID-19 instances outdoors of China
As of 10am CET Feb 13, 2020, a complete of 170 instances of COVID-19 who had a journey historical past to China have been reported outdoors of China. The overwhelming majority of those (151, 89%) don’t seem to result in additional transmission of the virus, whereas the remaining 19 have been related to onward transmission inside 12 distinct teams of epidemiologically linked instances. Amongst these, 4 teams have concerned not less than 9 people. The biggest entails 20 people in six nations up to now — United Kingdom (6), France (5), Malaysia (three), Singapore (three), Republic of Korea (2), Spain (1) — and has been linked to a convention held in Singapore between January 20 and 22, 2020 and a subsequent ski journey to the French Alps. The subsequent largest entails 15 instances and was linked to a convention in Bavaria, Germany. Among the many attendees was a person with an epidemiological hyperlink to confirmed instances in Wuhan, China.
Moreover, one of many 15 instances was detected in, however didn’t contain transmission inside, Spain. Sixteen instances have been reported in 4 nations for which there aren’t any clearly established epidemiological hyperlinks. For all these people, investigations are ongoing to ascertain the mechanism by which they have been contaminated
Nations, territories or areas with reported confirmed COVID-19 instances and deaths, February 13, 2020
|Worldwide (Cruise Ship in Japan)||175|
|Republic of Korea||28|
|United States of America||14|
|United Arab Emirates||eight|
Suggestions and Recommendation for the Public
Throughout earlier outbreaks attributable to different coronaviruses (Center-East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Extreme Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), human-to-human transmission occurred by means of droplets, contact, and fomites, suggesting that the transmission mode of the 2019-nCoV might be related. The fundamental rules to scale back the final danger of transmission of acute respiratory infections embrace the next:
- Avoiding shut contact with folks affected by acute respiratory infections.
- Frequent hand-washing, particularly after direct contact with in poor health folks or their setting.
- Avoiding unprotected contact with farm or wild animals.
- Folks with signs of acute respiratory an infection ought to follow cough etiquette (keep distance, cowl coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothes, and wash arms).
- Inside healthcare amenities, improve customary an infection prevention and management practices in hospitals, particularly in emergency departments.
WHO doesn’t advocate any particular well being measures for vacationers. In case of signs suggestive of respiratory sickness both throughout or after journey, vacationers are inspired to hunt medical consideration and share their journey historical past with their healthcare supplier.